So, as you may have noticed, the number of subscription box services have multiplied like crazy over the past couple of years. They have a box for EVERYTHING! But of course, I like me some beauty boxes.
I was lucky enough to receive a beauty box from Australian Subscription Box service Bellabox! Bellabox was one of the first sub boxes on the market and have ties with some amazing brands.
If you’ve been following my blog for a while now, you may be thinking “hold up, haven’t you received Bellabox in the past?”. And yes, you would be correct! I used to be subscribed to Bellabox (for around a year). I cancelled my subscription as I was signed up to 3 other boxes at the time, and was receiving A LOT of complexion products. All of the complexion products in boxes are usually catered towards either pale white or slightly tanned skin tones and I ended up with a draw filled with foundation I would never use. Apart from this, I never had any issues with timings (i.e I always received my box within the month unless Bellabox had explicitly stated that boxes were late that month). This was a huge difference between Bellabox and a couple of other popular boxes in Australia at the time.
Okay onto the box!
This month’s theme is: Get Ready With Me!
In my box, I received:
- PHYSIOGEL DAILY MOISTURE THERAPY BODY WASH 150mL (full size) RRP $11.99
I have extremely sensitive skin and refuse to put anything with fragrance or colouring within a metre of my body. Luckily, Physiogel specialises in hypoallergenic treatments and is soap free. This means it’s super gentle on the skin! Woo hoo!
- KÉRASTASE THERMIQUE 50mL ($16 equivalent) RRP $48 Full Size 150mL
Kerastase is a brand that I have used in the past – and absolutely loved. Unfortunately it’s not as readily available (e.g on supermarket shelves) like a lot of other great brands are so I’ve neglected to repurchase it. But, after using this anti-breakage strengthening milk one, I remember why I loved them so much!
- NIVEA SILK TOUCH AEROSOL DEODORANT 35mL ($ 0.97 equivalent) RRP $6.95 Full Size 250mL
Yes! Can never have enough deodorant! This 35mL bottle is the perfect size to throw into your handbag to keep handy during the day. This was the perfect inclusion for the “Get Ready With Me” box as you can’t get ready without a good spray of deo before a night out!
- DESIGNER BRANDS KOHL PENCIL 1.8g (full size) RRP $7.99
Designer Brands is a label that has received a lot of hype in the media as it’s supposed to be designer quality cosmetics at an affordable price, so I was excited to try out the kohl pencil I received in this box. The sharpener on the end is great to make sure you always have the perfect point and the pencil itself is quite long so it will last some time! The pencil itself is quite pigmented and glides on smoothly. I’ve been using this to tightline my eyes. It doesn’t even smudge much!Here’s a before and after rubbing my finger over a line.
- AVON LUXE COUTURE CRÈME LIPSTICKS in NUDE SLIP & ROSE SILK (not sure how big the sample size is) RRP $22 Full Size 3.6g
These mini lipsticks were the cutest! They have a special formula which includes silk extracts and natural lip plumper and come in some beautiful colours!
I received Rose Silk and Nude Slip. The colours are quite sheer and are sooooo creamy!
- MODELCO DOUBLE SIDED FACIAL WIPES [bonus product] 1 wipe ($0.32 equivalent) RRP $8 Full Size 25 wipes
This one was an extra as it wasn’t on my card of products but a facial wipe is always handy! These ModelCo ones have an exfoliating side and a smooth side to ensure you get everything off you face (especially before bed!)
- DERMAL THERAPY PLATINUM HEEL BALM [bonus product] 3g ($0.558 equivalent) $13.95 Full Size 75g
Whilst this may have seemed like a random inclusion, it kind of makes sense for the “Get Ready With Me” theme. My heels aren’t especially cracked as I use the Scholl dead skin remover ofter. This balm is very thick and nourishing. I have been applying it before bed at night and wake up with softer feet!
Total value (excluding the AVON lipstick samples): $37.831 which is WAY over double the purchase price of a single box!
Overall, I was very pleased with this box. I was glad that there were no complexion products and that all the products seemed to go with the overarching theme!
Bellabox have a couple of different options. You can purchase a single box for $15/month (+$2.95 postage and handling) or sign up for an annual subscription which works out to be $13.75/month (+ $2.91 postage and handling).
Bellabox have also paired up with Unidays to give students 45% off their first box!! (Saaay whaaaaaattt! Get on it!)
- Opportunity to trial new beauty products as they launch
- Receive a number of products always valued above the $15/month
- That great feeling when you receive presents on your birthday – only, every single month
- Earn point for reviewing products in boxes
- Ability to shop the sample’s full size on the Bellabox website
- Receiving items you have no use for – e.g wrong shade.
- GETTING COMPLETELY HOOKED AND BUYING A LIFETIME SUBSCRIPTION
Well, that’s it from me and Bellabox for now! What’s your must have product as part of your getting ready routine? Let me know!
* Please note that although this box was gifted, all opinions expressed in this post are 100% my own.